I want to raise seeds and pot plants
Not all soils are created equal — and if you are raising seeds and potting plants, you need a suitable growing medium.
For the best choice, we recommend Jeffries Premium Potting Mix and as a great choice, we recommend Jeffries Organic Potting Soil (great if you want to grow in a certified organic media) or Regular Potting Mix.
Get the most from your potting soil or potting mix
1. Pre-moisten the soil — mixing the soil in a bucket and making sure all of the soil is moist is best
2. Check moisture level of the mix regularly – don’t let it dry out
3. Keep pots in a protected spot (a well-lit, shaded position is best)
4. Seeds can be started indoors but seedlings may become thin and leggy if they’re left too long indoors
5. As seedlings emerge, harden them off by gradually increasing their exposure to sun and heat