No products in the cart yet. Keep shopping.
CO2 Removal Certificates
Putting carbon back into the soil, for generations…
We have had our hands in South Australian soil for generations, growing strong since 1842. Driven by wholesome family values and innovation, we have developed world-leading organic recycling technologies including our BioChar plant.
In 2021, we commissioned one of the largest biochar plants in the Southern Hemisphere. Fuelled by recycled woody green organics, our plant is designed to produce around 1500 dry tonnes of biochar each year.
Jeffries BioChar is a very stable form of carbon which is returned back into the soil, safely storing the carbon out of the atmosphere for hundreds of years.
Not only does the plant create high quality biochar, it also generates it’s own energy.
We recycle organics
We compost over 150,000 tonnes of organic material from South Australian homes and businesses every year through our facilities in Northern Adelaide, saving them from being lost to landfill.
Turn them into compost
This organic material is composted and transformed into compost, soil, mulch & organic fertiliser, with oversized woody material turned into Jeffries BioChar. This is returned back into the soil by local farmers, viticulturalists, landscapers and home gardeners.
Produce our own power
Syngas produced by pyrolysis in the creation of Jeffries BioChar is used to power our operations including R.O.S.S, our state-of-the-art recycled organics screening system. Any unused power is exported to the grid.
Our focus to combat climate change
1. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Reducing methane production from landfill by recycling 150,000 tonnes of organic material means we are stopping 315,000 tonnes of CO2 – e from being produced.
2. Improving South Australian soils
- Recycled organics are composted and transformed into compost, soil, mulch, organic fertiliser and biochar.
- Jeffries has been supporting South Australian farmers, viticulturalists and gardeners to improve their soil and quality of harvest for generations.
3. Utilising renewable energy
- Fueled by recycled woody green organics, 100% of syngas produced from our biochar plant is used in specialised oxidisers to produce waste heat to run Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) turbines and supply more than enough power to run our state-of-the-art ROSS compost screening plant. Any unused power is exported to the grid.
Income from the sale of our CO2 carbon removal will help us…
Upgrade and expand our production capabilities
Target new sources of feedstock to meet future demand
Accelerate our research and development work to develop new biochar-based products and applications
Broaden our marketing efforts to spread the word about the benefits of biochar